Sample of Memorandum of Association (MoA) sample (original)
Law of the Legal Profession, No. 173 of 1965 (amended) - Arabic
Law of the Legal Profession, No. 173 of 1965 (amended) - English
Company law-21 of 1997 registration (as amended in 2004) - English
Company law-21 of 1997 registration (as amended in 2004) - Arabic
The attorney is responsible for organizing the memorandum of association according to the law and it shall contain at a minimum:- .
- The company's name and corporate form, with the word "mixed" added if it is a mixed sector company, and any other acceptable elements.
- The company's head office, which must be in Iraq.
- The purposes for which the company is established and the general nature of the business to be transacted.
- The company capital amount.
-The company's capital divided in quotas and shares.
- The method of distributing profits and losses in the joint liability company.
- The number of elected members in the board of directors of the private joint-stock company.
- The names of the founders and their nationalities, professions, permanent addresses, and the number of shares they own as well as their percentage of the capital.